Positive Wellbeing After Violence Ends (+WAVES)
We offer free therapeutic services for children, young people and adults who are recovering from their experience of family violence.
We work to build empowerment, self-determination, safety and independence.
The program offers appointments onsite, at home or in the community. Our services are culturally sensitive and LGBTQIA+ inclusive.
The program is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services. It is delivered in partnership with Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre and the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service.
Services offered are multifaceted and include:
- Individual counselling for adults, young people and children.
- Family work to strengthen communication and relationships.
- Group programs that promote healing after trauma.
Accessing the service
The program is available to single adults, children and families who are:
- Living or studying in Brimbank Melton and Western Melbourne areas.
- Have experienced family violence and are currently safe from immediate risks after trauma.
- Ready to engage in therapeutic interventions to recover from the impact of family violence.
The length of service provided to families will vary according to the needs of each individual family.
The +WAVES program can potentially work with all for up to 6 months, providing fortnightly visits with an average of 1 hour per visit.
Any service provider working with victim-survivors of family violence can refer to the program. You can also self- refer into the program.
You can do this by requesting a referral form via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us to speak to a worker on 1800 570 784 during business hours Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
Baptcare wants to help you to know about your rights. You have the right to tell us what you think about the services you are receiving from Baptcare. We want to hear about your experience with Baptcare, good or bad, so we can provide you the best support possible. If you have ideas on how we can improve, let us know!