What is +WAVES?
We offer free therapeutic services for children, young people and adults who are recovering from their experience of family violence.
We work to build empowerment, self-determination, safety and independence.
The program offers appointments onsite, at home or in the community. The program offers short, medium to long term therapeutic support to children and families. Our services are culturally sensitive and LGBT inclusive.
The program is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services. It is delivered in partnership with Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre and the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service.
Services offered are multifaceted and includes:
- Individual counselling for adults, young people and children.
- Family work to strengthen communication and relationships.
- Group programs that promote healing after trauma.
Accessing the service
The program is available to single adults, children and families who are:
- Living or studying in Brimbank Melton and Western Melbourne areas.
- Have experienced family violence and currently safe from immediate risks after trauma.
- Ready to engage in therapeutic interventions to recover from the impact of family violence.
The length of service provided to families will vary according to the needs of each individual family.
The +WAVES program can potentially work with All for up to 18 months, providing weekly or fortnightly visits with an average of 2 hours per visit.
Any service provider working with victim survivors of family violence can refer to the program. You can also self- refer into the program.
You can do this by requesting an referral form via email@example.com or contact us to speak to a worker on 1800 570 784 during office hours.
Get in touch
Let us help you, get in touch.Get in touch