Baptcare wants to help you to know about your rights. You have the right to tell us what you think about the services you are receiving from Baptcare. We want to hear about your experience with Baptcare, good or bad, so we can provide you the best support possible. If you have ideas on how we can improve, let us know!
Call Mindset TAS on 1800 290 666
State-wide, community-based mental health
Mindset Tasmania is a state-wide, community-based mental health service that evolved from Baptcare’s MyCare (now Foundations) program, which began in 2013.
The Foundations program was designed and implemented in response to a service gap identified by Tasmanian Mental Health Services – a gap that left some of the state’s most vulnerable people without adequate support.
Foundations is now a successful nationally accredited, evidence-informed program supporting many Tasmanians each year.
Mindset Tasmania has grown rapidly and now has a range of state-wide mental health programs that are state and federally funded.
These programs provide a continuum of statewide mental health services that range in intensity – depending on client requirements.
The suite of services offered by Mindset include:
- Foundations – working with adults with severe mental health issues in partnership with Mental Health Services;
- Choices – supporting people exiting the Department of Psychiatry, including transitional accommodation when necessary;
- Connections – working with adults with severe and persistent mental health issues in the community;
- Horizons – providing group and short-term individual interventions for people with severe and episodic mental health issues; and
- Mental Health TasConnect – helping people navigate the mental health system and refering them to the right supports, as well as providing access to peer workers to support when applying for the NDIS.
Having strong, independently evaluated (by Monash University) and evidence-informed mental health programs is essential to ensure that service provision is consistently high quality, accessible and meets the needs of Tasmanians in the best possible way. Mindset has also developed a strong peer worker based workforce. This is an important feature of the Mindset model, as it ensures programs can provide holistic and integrated support to our client group(s).
I would like to thank Mental Health Services and Primary Health Tasmania for their support in the implementation of our programs.Dr Dave Vicary, Divisional Manager Family and Community Services Victoria and Tasmania at Baptcare
To build the evidence base of Mindset Foundations and Choices programs, Baptcare partnered with the Monash Centre for Health Research and Implementation, Monash University. Since 2018, a team of researchers from Monash University’s School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine have developed a strong and collaborative relationship with the Foundations and Choices teams.
Mindset TAS: Mental health & wellbeing programs
Learn more about how the Mindset TAS suite of psychosocial programs across Tasmania builds people’s capacity to improve their mental health head-on and to make progress towards their recovery.View Mindset TAS program comparison snapshot
Get in touch
Let us help you, get in touch.Get in touch