Our coordinator is always very helpful, will go out of her way to support us … She never does anything without checking with us, she has supported us very well through the NDIA journey.
What can Baptcare help you with?
Our Local Area Coordinators (LACs) and Community Managers can help you become more a part of your community by supporting you through:
- Knowledge and empowerment – You can be connected and have the information you need to make decisions and choices.
- Contribution and respect – You can develop the skills and confidence to participate and contribute to your community and protect your rights.
- Inclusive access – You can use and benefit from the same services and programs as others in your community.
- Inclusive participation – You can participate in and benefit from the same community activities as others in your community.
- Community representative – You can actively contribute to leading, shaping and influencing your community.
Stories about being a part of your community
Charlie Jackson (in blue shirt centre), the Aboriginal Health Team from Port Pirie and Elder Robert Wilton recently checked out the Napperby venue for the fire pit. Charlie went hunting and brought back kangaroo and emu as well as lamb’s tails for entrée. Kangaroo Tail is Charlie’s speciality.
Some students from John Pirie High School in Port Pirie were invited to attend. These students have developed an amazing Indigenous Garden within their school grounds.
They met with Elders who shared stories with the students, and Charlie said it was a great day had by all.
Our aim is to locate individuals and families and support their access to the NDIS process with an intensive support program. We look for barriers that the communities experience and find ways to overcome them, ensuring we work in a culturally respectful way.
More on Disability Support
Your Coordinator will help you with your NDIS journey
They can help you:
Frequently Asked Questions
Baptcare draws on more than 75 years of experience in aged care. We have delivered government-funded Aged Care Home Care packages and services for more than 20 years. We became an NDIS partner in Tasmania in 2013 and in South Australia in 2018. In this time we have helped thousands of people and their families and carers to get quality care and navigate the complexities of both the Aged Care and Disability systems.
Contact a coordinator in your region and they will talk you through any evidence you might need to provide. Find out more about eligibility by contacting us here.
Contact a coordinator in your region and they will help you explore the supports and connections available in your community. Find out more by contacting us here.