National Child Protection Week celebrates its 30th year
14 September 2020
This year National Child Protection Week celebrated its 30th year with the theme: "Putting children first". Since 1990, when the NAPCAN campaign was launched, its aim has been to bring abuse and neglect out of the shadows and put child wellbeing on the national agenda.
Baptcare's Family and Children's Services practice is a leading provider of evidence-based community services prioritising the safety and wellbeing of children and young people across VIC, TAS & SA. Last week, we acknowledged the strengths and successes of our FACS team in forging partnerships and building connections, through service offerings that are informed by the voice of the client and deep customer engagement. You can view Baptcare's NAPCAN public pledge of support for Child Protection Week here.
Some of the ways our FACS team celebrated Child Protection Week include:
· Delivering 'Live Well, Be Well' showbags to Home-Start families in Bendigo with goodies for the children, carers, and the whole family.
· Hosting a one-off virtual Parent-Child Mother Goose session via Zoom for all FACS VIC families who have pre-school aged children.
· Raising funds for the Backpack for SA Kids charity through our voluntary staff wellbeing platform, Flow Sumo.
· Providing children and young people the opportunity to tell us what's important to them through pictures, as part of our “A Walk In My Shoes” project. Check out the virtual exhibition here: https://sway.office.com/VY665PDeNPbZVQwp?ref=Link&loc=play
· Collecting artworks by children we partner with – view their creative masterpieces here: https://sway.office.com/bbUK64CkqQAxmCjU?ref=Link&loc=play
For more on Baptcare’s Family, Youth and Children’s Services, click here: https://www.baptcare.org.au/services#family-youth-and-foster-care