How we help
Integrated Family Support Service (IFSS) works to improve the safety, wellbeing and health of children from birth to 18 years and their families. IFSS also assists families with unborn children to obtain support, prior to the birth of a child.
This service offers practical parenting assistance and strategies, casework and case management services for vulnerable families and works in partnership with a co-located community-based Child Protection worker if there are serious concerns about a child’s safety.
What can the Integrated Family Support Service provide to families?
IFSS works with families with children from birth to 18 years who require support with:
- providing a safe and nurturing environment for children
- strategies and practical skills around parenting capacity
- improving confidence and enjoyment in parenting
- managing challenging childhood behaviours
- understanding the developmental stages of children and adolescents
- time management and utilising relevant resources
- managing family conflict and breakdown
- dealing with the impact of mental health issues
- dealing with the impact of substance abuse
- accessing social and professional support networks within the community.
What else should you expect from the Integrated Family Support Services?
This service is aimed at:
- working in the best interests of children to ensure their safety and development
- working with parents to address the needs of their children
- active engagement with families through assertive outreach
- providing coordination and case management services
- facilitating existing community supports and networks
- consulting with a co-located community-based Child Protection worker if there are serious concerns about the child’s safety.
Referrals to the Integrated Family Support Service
IFSS can be accessed by families who are referred via Strong Families, Safe Kids on 1800 000 123.
Referrals can be made by the wider community including families, friends, professionals, service providers and other professionals who have concerns regarding the wellbeing of children.
Strong Families, Safe Kids Advice & Referral Line
First point of contact for concerns about child safety and wellbeing. Get advice and referrals from Strong Families, Safe Kids in Tasmania.
Targeted Youth Support Services
Our Targeted Youth Support Service homeless program works with people aged 10 to 18 years who are at risk of homelessness or are homeless.
Baptcare wants to help you to know about your rights. You have the right to tell us what you think about the services you are receiving from Baptcare. We want to hear about your experience with Baptcare, good or bad, so we can provide you the best support possible. If you have ideas on how we can improve, let us know!