Update: Wyndham Lodge Community, Werribee, Victoria
Posted: 31 August 2020
In these challenging circumstances, our words of support and commitment can start to feel tired and stale, but we want to reiterate that the wellbeing and health of our residents and staff remains Baptcare’s number one priority, and we are committed to returning Wyndham Lodge to a COVID-free community. We will not stop until we eradicate this terrible disease from Wyndham Lodge. However, we know we cannot do this alone.
We are actively working with the Federal Government and the relevant health authorities who now play a vital role in the management of the outbreak at Wyndham Lodge:
- The Department of Health, Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Public Health Unit (PHU) – their role is to provide support and guidance regarding all positive cases and to provide clearances for those who have recovered and are no longer infectious.
- The Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission – provides support to ensure that we maintain a high quality of care for all residents.
- Australian Medical Assistance Team (AusMAT)/ASPEN – provides recommendations and advice in relation to infection control protocols.
- The Older Person’s Advocacy Network (OPAN) – is an additional resource to families and residents for any feedback on concerns.
- The Victorian Aged Care Response Centre (VARC) – is the State coordinator centre that provides resources and logistics (e.g. staffing and waste management).
- The Commonwealth Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) – we report daily to this department and they will escalate any requests or issues as needed.
Baptcare can confirm that there are currently 78 active cases of COVID-19 linked to Baptcare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee. Following the latest round of mass testing, an additional one case for a staff member has been confirmed since yesterday.
There are currently 22 active cases among residents, including seven who are receiving care in hospital. All other residents continue to receive care and support as they recover in a separate area of Wyndham Lodge.
Currently, there are 56 active cases among staff who are either isolating or in care. We continue to be in touch with them regularly and support them in their recovery. For those staff who have been deemed ‘close contacts’, they continue to isolate and be tested as a precaution.
In a joint effort with state and federal health agencies, Baptcare continues to make every effort possible to protect our residents and staff by limiting the spread of COVID-19 within Wyndham Lodge and again become a COVID-free facility as soon as possible.
We continue to communicate daily with all families of residents by telephone and email to provide them with during this challenging time.
Baptcare remains focused and committed to providing our best to care for all residents and protect our staff – their health and wellbeing remains our unwavering number one priority.
Baptcare Communications 0400 503 713 or firstname.lastname@example.org