Update: Baptcare Wyndham Lodge Community – Werribee, Victoria
4 September 2020
Baptcare can confirm that as of 4 September 2020, no new cases have been diagnosed at Wyndham Lodge since yesterday.
Sadly, to date, 17 residents have died from coronavirus (COVID-19).
Baptcare can confirm that as of today there are currently 79 active cases of COVID-19 linked to Baptcare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee:
- There are currently 28 active cases among residents at Wyndham Lodge who are receiving care and support as they recover in a separate area of the facility.
- In addition, there are 8 residents with active cases receiving care in hospital.
- Currently, there are 43 active cases among staff who are either isolating or in care. We continue to be in touch with them regularly and support them in their recovery. For those staff who have been deemed ‘close contacts’, they continue to isolate and be tested as a precaution.
Our primary concern during this time continues to be the wellbeing, health and safety of our residents and staff. We took the following steps today to continue to strengthen our infection control protocols:
- Wyndham Lodge is pleased to welcome teams from the National Aged Care Response (NACR). We currently have two NACR teams at Wyndham Lodge, with a third arriving today. The NACR teams are additional staffing resources, a total of 16 extra staff (a mix of registered nurses and personal care workers).
- Since the beginning of the outbreak, we have increased the frequency of contact and deep cleaning throughout the community. Today we increased that frequency again with a team of cleaners who will complete a deep clean of the entire community every day.
We continue to communicate daily with all families of residents by telephone and email to provide them with updates during this incredibly challenging time.
Baptcare remains focused and committed to providing our best care for all residents and to protect our staff – their health and wellbeing remains our unwavering number one priority.
Baptcare Communications 0400 503 713 or email@example.com