Important update regarding Retirement Living communities in Victoria
Posted: 12 February 2021
Today, the Victorian Government has updated the restrictions across the entire state of Victoria. Specifically, throughout all of Victoria, commencing 11.59pm, Friday 12 February 2021 to 11.59pm, Wednesday, 17 February 2021, the state will enter a phase of ‘Circuit Breaker Action.” You will find more information here.
What does this mean for you?
From 11.59pm, Friday 12 February 2021 to 11.59pm Wednesday, 17 February 2021, the following applies specifically to our retirement living communities:
- Wear a mask at all times - except when you are in your own home.
- You must stay home – unless shopping for food and necessary supplies, attending to medical or health care needs, including compassionate requirements, exercising (for a maximum of 2 hours in compliance with social gathering limitations).
- Practice Social Distancing – ensure you maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres from anyone.
Only essential visitors are allowed to your home. If a visitor is essential for your wellbeing or support, ensure that it is:
- Limited in duration and number to a maximum of one person (immediate family member, close friends or professional service or advocacy at one time, per day.
- Wear a face mask when with your visitor
- Conducted in a residence or outdoors, rather than community areas where the risk of transmission to residents is great.
- Practise social distancing where possible, including maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres
- Consider using phone or video calls to enable regular communication with family members and friends.
- Ensure essential VISITORS, register their visit by completing a visitor form when visiting your home which is in the entrance of the building.
Visitor restrictions apply to the Residential Aged Care Home, you are unable to visit RAC residents.