Important update regarding In Home Care services in Victoria
Today, the Victorian Government has updated the restrictions across the entire state of Victoria. Specifically, throughout all of Victoria, commencing 11.59pm, Friday 12 February 2021 to 11.59pm, Wednesday, 17 February 2021, the state will enter a phase of ‘Circuit Breaker Action.” You will find more information here.
Adjustments to In Home Care services
We will continue to provide all services to our customers as a provider of essential services, however we will make some adjustments as per below Should the announcement of the lockdown have put you in a position where remaining independent through the lockdown is compromised please contact the office. The changes to service will be:
- Escort services will only be for essential medical appointments and you will be required to wear a mask while in a vehicle and in the community.
- Shopping services will switch to an unescorted service
- Any respite services that were scheduled to occur in the community will be moved to home based service.
COVID-safe practices remain
The health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our number one priority. We will continue to practice the COVID-safe practices introduced many months ago and ask for your vigilance in these matters:
- If you are not well, please contact the office.
- All staff will continue to wear Personal Protective Equipment that is in line with the DHHS guidelines.
- Where possible please ensure you maintain safe social distancing when a Baptcare worker is with you in your home.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding as we continue to adapt to the changing conditions. Please contact your Baptcare representative to resume or arrange new services, or simply answer any questions you may have.