Baptcare wins second CitySwitch Award
Baptcare was honoured to win the City of Melbourne’s CitySwitch Green Office Award for the second year in a row last night.
BAPTCARE was awarded for the energy efficiency projects implemented at our Geelong, Morwell, and Korumburra Community Aged Care offices where 139 fluorescent tubes were upgraded to LED tubes, saving over 57,000 kWh, and the office fit-out completed at Bundoora.
The sustainable initiatives that were incorporated into the new office fit-out included:
- Plants to improve air quality and aesthetics.
- Window blinds with high thermal performance to improve HVAC efficiency and comfort.
- Energy efficient fluro lighting on motion and daylight sensors to reduce energy use and emissions.
- Low VOC paints, composite wood products and joinery to improve air quality and health.
- 3-stream, centralised recycling system with desktop bins to promote recycling and staff movement.
- Hot-desking model to enhance collaboration and minimise the requirement for additional floor space.
- Standing desks to encourage physical activity, health and wellbeing of staff.
- Reuse and recycling of wastes from the fit-out to reduce waste to landfill and increase resource recovery.
Overall Baptcare have saved 80 tonnes of CO2, through these projects, in the past year.