Gourmet Competition terms and conditions
Baptcare Farm World Competition
By entering into the Competition you agree to the following terms of entry, including any and all Schedules to the terms of entry.
Schedule to Terms of Entry
Name of Competition
Baptcare Farm World 2019 promotion – VIC
Baptcare Ltd (ABN 120 69 130 463) 1193 Toorak Road Camberwell VIC 3124.
Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter or of its related bodies corporate, or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
The competition begins at 8.30am (AEST) Thursday 11 April 2019.
Entries into the competition close at 4pm (AEST) on Sunday 14 April 2019.
To enter the competition, entrants must complete one of the following two entry methods:
1. Online entry
2. Physical entry
Maximum number of entries
One (1) entry per person during the Competition Period.
This Competition is a game of skill. Competition entries will be judged by a Baptcare representative from Service & Sales and Marketing on appropriateness to theme, compliance with terms, originality, creativity and literacy merit after the Competition Period.
The Promoter and its judge/s may, in their absolute discretion, decline to award any or all of the prizes if there are no entrants who meet the entry conditions or the entries are not of publication standard. The decision of the Promoter and its judge/s are final and bind each entrant who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prizes are as follows:
Four (4) x $100 hampers containing Gippsland produce (e.g. cheese, wine, condiments, chocolate) with one to be awarded to each of the four best entrants.
The prize values are in Australian dollars and were correct as of the beginning of the Competition Period.
Total prize pool
Notification of winners
Winners will be notified by 5.00pm Friday 10 May 2019 via the telephone number supplied to the Promoter when entering the Competition.
Publication details and claiming of prizes
In accepting the prize, each winner consents to:
If a prize winner does not claim the prize within 7 days from the date the Promoter notified the winner, the judge/s may select a replacement prize winner based on the same judging criteria.
Each prize will be delivered to the winner’s address by post or in person by a Baptcare staff member. Please allow at least 14 days from the date the winner accepts the prize for delivery.
Trade promotion: Game of skill
Terms of entry
- These terms must be read together with the Schedule for this Competition. The Schedule defines certain terminology used in these terms. By entering, entrants accept these terms. To the extent of any inconsistency between the Schedule and these terms, the Schedule prevails.
- Entry is open only entrants who comply with all entry conditions and entry method.
- The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must follow the entry method during the Competition Period.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entrants may submit up to the maximum number of entries.
- In submitting their entry, an entrant warrants that:
a. their entry contains original material only or material which the entrant has permission to use;
b. all details provided in respect of the entrant are true and accurate;
c. the use of their entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these terms will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
d. their entry does not breach any law.
- Each entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the warranties set out in clause 6.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
- The prize/s are specified in the prize details. The total prize pool is specified in the total prize pool section of the Schedule.
- If the prize includes vouchers, all vouchers are valid until the voucher expiry date as specified on the voucher or by the provider of the voucher. Vouchers are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the voucher.
- All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this Competition (in any form, including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form), become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. The Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries and materials.
- Entrants must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Competition or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this Competition, or in taking or using any prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time.
- If an entrant is unable to or refuses or fails to take part in any element of this Competition, or a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these terms, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entrant’s entry and proceed as if that entrant had not entered the Competition. Entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, are offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate or that infringe any third party rights will be invalid. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner/s will be notified as stated in the notification of winners section of the Schedule and their name and state of residence will be published in accordance with the publication details.
- Prizes and participation in this Competition are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prize, as applicable.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes. Prizes will be provided by the Promoter to the winner/s as stated in the prize delivery section of the Schedule.
- The Promoter may require the winner/s to provide identification as requested by the Promoter including (without limitation) proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an entrant has won a prize that the entrant has not complied with these terms, that entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced them as a winner and that entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the relevant State/s, if required. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, substitute cash for any prize (the amount of cash being equal to the prize value specified in the prize details).
- Without limiting paragraph 16, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies make no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded, the liability of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each relevant State, if required.
- Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this Competition or of these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each relevant State, if required.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrant’s participation in this Competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this competition.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms, the Schedule or in any advertisement relating to this Competition, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
- These terms of entry are governed by the laws of Victoria.
Get in touch
Let us help you, get in touch.Get in touch