Christmas Appeal 2020
2020 has been a year unlike any other in living memory
For most of us, Christmas is a time for overindulging and sharing the peace and joy of the season with family and friends. With presents around the tree and a full table of food, Christmas is a celebration.
For more vulnerable members of our community, Christmas is a struggle.
This Christmas your monetary gift will help provide much needed support to young families and people seeking asylum.
- Your $100 gift will provide food for one of the men seeking asylum in our Brunswick or Preston rooming house for two weeks. Around 5,800 people seeking asylum in Victoria1 have no access to any government support or the right to work.
- Your $200 gift will provide a child the opportunity to attend Mother Goose playgroup sessions for one month. These bi-weekly sessions help young families build connections with their children, and other families in the community.
- Your $300 gift will help us support a parent with a Home-Start mentor for a month. Home-Start is a home visiting service that offers practical support and mentoring to families with children under the age of five.
- Your $500 gift will provide secure housing for a mother and children seeking asylum for one month. With no government support available, many women and children find it hard to find suitable and affordable transitional housing. Our Houses of Hope program is a godsend to many.
- Your $1,000 gift will provide transitional housing, case work and employment support for a person seeking asylum for eight weeks. In the last year alone, 30 residents have come to call Sanctuary and Houses of Hope their home. Every newcomer is invited to join in community events to build community relationships, learn English and partner with volunteers to commence their employment journey.
Please donate today, your contribution will make a real difference.
All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Get in touch
Let us help you, get in touch.Get in touch