Support, consultation & planning

Support, consultation & planning

Helping you care for elderly parents

When someone in our lives is experiencing deteriorating health it can be difficult to navigate the support that’s available. It’s not always easy to know what services are right for each person’s specific needs.

Our support, consultation and planning services are available across Melbourne and Victoria to help families with elderly parents who are dealing with complex care needs or changing circumstances.

Busy people and families use care management to help create effective care plans and coordinate multiple aged care services. It helps them to spend less time organising support and keep their focus on their loved one.


Support and coordination services

These services include coordinating care, for example confirming medical appointments or assisting with transport or other requests.

Individual consultation and planning

These services include documented assessment of your elderly family member’s current needs and aspirations. A plan that complements the support offered by family and friends is developed to help achieve those goals:

  • complete community care assessments and referral to community based programs
  • implement living at home safely strategies.

Contact us today to discuss what Home Help services and payment options will suit you and your family. We’ll talk through the services that match your needs and your situation.


Who is Baptcare?

Baptcare is a leading faith-based, not-for-profit organisation working across Victoria and Tasmania. We have provided aged care for over 70 years and Home Care Packages since 1992, supporting thousands of families. We provide a broad range of services over aged care including home help and residential aged care homes. We are able to draw on our experience to support you and deliver highly personalised and quality care.
We opened our first aged care home in Macleod in 1945. Today we provide home help, homecare, residential and community care for older people. We also support children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and asylum seekers.
We provide care and support to people of all cultures, beliefs, backgrounds and circumstances.

Who are your care workers? What checks and qualifications do they have?

Our personal care workers have a minimum qualification of Certificate III in Home and Community Care, and/or Certificate III in Aged Care. Our care workers are required to have a current police check, hold an Australian drivers licence, and have first aid and CPR training. They also receive additional training, for example all of care workers have medication assistance training.

If your care worker is transporting you for community access (for example taking you to a GP appointment) we require that their car is roadworthy and insured.

We provide attendant care and services in your home by people employed directly by Baptcare. If that’s not possible in your area for the services you require we have provider partners that are required to meet our quality and accreditation requirements.

How do I change or cancel a service?

To make a change to your service call your Home Help client service coordinator.

There is no obligation to continue to receive Home Help services. You can stop receiving Home Help or cancel a service at any time.

We do require a minimum of four hours’ notice for a cancellation or the service fee is charged, as a care worker has already been allocated to carry out the service.

You are always in control and can decide who comes into your home and when. You can also request to change care workers.

I'm going away. Can you help to look after my parent?

Our Home Help services are flexible and we tailor our support to suit your situation. Call our Customer Enquiry Centre on 1300 466 343. We’ll help you to understand your service options from a daily welfare check from a personal care worker through to 24-hour care.  We can provide services one time or ongoing care.

Can I get Home Help as part of, or in addition to my Home Care Package?

Yes, you can access Home Help services with your Australian Government Home Care Package. You can also access Home Help as an additional privately paid ‘top up’ to your Home Care Package so that you receive extra care and support in your home.

Can I get a care worker who speaks my language?

Where possible we’ll provide you services and care in your preferred language. For example, we currently have personal care workers providing care to our clients in a number of different languages.

Get in touch


Let us help you, get in touch.

Get in touch