Baptcare is committed to protecting your privacy and uses the Privacy Act 1988 (Australia) for collection of your personal information via this website.
Please be assured that your information will only be used for the purpose for which it is supplied. We do not share databases.
Your continued use of this website indicates that you accept this Privacy and Security Policy and consent to the collection and use by Baptcare of any personal information you provide while using this website.
Your privacy is taken seriously
Generally, we use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to process donations
- to provide receipts
- to maintain accurate and complete details of your history with Baptcare
- to keep you informed of our work
We will only collect your information when:
- You make a donation
- You send us an email or
- You subscribe to receive our newsletter and other information material
- You give us any personal information when using any part of this website
If in the case that we require further information from you, we will contact you accordingly and make a request.
What information is collected?
If you choose to provide us with your personal information, it will generally be:
- Your personal contact details (name, address, phone number, email address, D.O.B)
- Your credit card number, name on card, expiry date, what type of card it is
- Your Baptcare donor number (if you have one, or if you know it)
All information is held securely. To ensure your privacy is protected, information from your record will not be disclosed; neither will details be altered unless requested by the donor themselves (after their identity has been confirmed).
Who will have access to your personal information?
All personal information provided to Baptcare via this website will only be seen or used by persons employed by Baptcare and our contracted service providers (eg, mailing houses who are bound by privacy legislation). The only other time externals will have access to your personal information is if:
- We are required to provide your information to others for purposes relating to public safety and law enforcement or financial transactions.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information by storing it in a secure environment.
This website has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration to your personal information under our control. However, information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom it is intended. If you send us any personal information by email it is sent at your own risk.
Security measures for credit card donations
Donations made online via 'Make a Donation' are processed in real time using one of three secure payment gateways.
If you have any questions about making an online donation to Baptcare please email email@example.com.
- All recorded supporters of Baptcare have the right to ask for a copy of these details at any time.
- Supporters also have the right to update and/or alter their details at any time.
To maintain or alter your information, opt out of receiving information, ask questions about privacy or register a complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (03) 9831 7222.