Baptcare cares for you as a whole person, whatever your situation or beliefs. The pastoral care worker is available as part of the services available to you.
Pastoral care aims to strengthen what keeps you going – the things that have made a difference in your life, both seen and unseen.
Pastoral carers support you by getting to know you and what is important to you, really listening to all you want to express.
Pastoral care means paying attention to the path that life has taken for you; the types of connections you have with yourself, others, the environment and perhaps even God if that is helpful for you.
We can also assist you in connecting with other people and/or faith communities if you wish.
Situations where a pastoral care worker/chaplain might be helpful
- Times of change
- Times of personal challenge
- Bereavement – loss and grief
- Feeling sad
- Times of joy and celebration
- Wanting to explore questions of meaning
- To act as a sounding board, to help you get the most out of your case management relationship
- Need comfort or encouragement
- Looking to grow in sensitivity to yourself, others, the environment or God.
How to contact our pastoral care worker/chaplain
Ask your family services worker to make a referral for you or for more information, please contact (03) 9831 7222.
Services we offer
Our pastoral care worker is available to any of our clients, families and carers, from all backgrounds.
- Attentive listening
- Compassionate presence
- Confidential assistance
- Someone to talk with or just be with in times of grief or transition
- Creative rituals to assist with spiritual care and healing
- Prayer, sacrament and other religious rituals/practices
- Linking with other people and places.
We are available for phone support outside of office hours in times of crisis.